Dr. Hulsey’s Experience With Lingual Invisible Braces
Lingual braces are an alternative to traditional braces, but most people have not heard of them. While few practices offer them as an option, they offer many benefits over traditional braces. As they are more difficult to place than traditional braces, it is extremely important that you select a San Diego dentist familiar with lingual braces.
Leading Edge Orthodontics’ own Dr. Hulsey has extensive experience with the use of lingual braces. Over the years, he has become quite the expert in their use, producing many satisfied patients with beautiful, healthy smiles. He offers treatment with lingual braces at both of his San Diego orthodontics practices—one in Rancho Bernardo and one in Ramona. He prefers to use lingual braces whenever it is possible due to several reasons:
- Lingual braces offer faster treatment than traditional braces
- As they are fixed to the backs of the teeth instead of the front, they are more aesthetically pleasing than traditional braces.
- Due to their nature, each patient receives an appliance that is 100% unique to his or her anatomy, increasing the effectiveness of treatment.
- It is cheaper than Invisalign, which is the only other option on the market offering the same level of invisibility.
- Unlike Invisalign, it is not removable, leaving less room for patient error.
- They are easier to maintain than traditional braces.
Dr. Hulsey provides lingual invisible braces and Invisalign for his patients in all two of his convenient San Diego orthodontics offices which include Rancho Bernardo and Ramona.
What are Harmony Braces from American Orthodontics?
Dr. Hulsey uses the Harmony system from American Orthodontics.
Harmony braces are created from durable materials using state-of-the-art technology. As the term “lingual braces” suggests, they are placed on the tongue (lingual) side of the teeth, hiding them from view. The wires and brackets are shaped based on computer imaging of your mouth, making an appliance that is 100% unique to your anatomy.
Harmony braces are designed to minimize the impact of braces on your speech as well as overall discomfort. They require minimal adjustments which reduces your visits to the office. Additionally, they have been delivering high quality results for some time, given them a proven track record of success. Many patients can benefit from Harmony braces, including:
Who Is a Good Candidate for Harmony Braces?
- Anyone who is concerned about braces damaging the front surface of their teeth
- Athletes who run the risk of their braces getting caught during contact sports
- Musicians who play wind instruments
- Adult professionals who wish to improve their smile without changing their professional image
- Adults and teens involved in public speaking, theater, or music
- Models who do not want their seeking a better smile to prevent them from working
Where Can I Find More Information About Harmony Braces?
For more information about Harmony Braces, visit www.ibraces.com.
If you are in the San Diego or Ramona area and want lingual braces, contact our practice to learn more.